Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Metal Mouth!


Is that a mean thing to say? So Drexy got his braces on last Wednesday. It actually turned out great because his aunt Maren was working that day and got to put the braces on. That made things a little easier and more fun for Drex and worked out great for me because I got to lean over the chair the whole time asking annoying questions. Drex finally conceded to get Diamondbacks colored bands on his brackets, after his mother disappointedly told him that he couldn't get the "bracket jackets" because they cost extra money. That may or may not have been the truth. Consider the fact that he wanted to get jackets that would spell DREX on his top teeth and then money signs for the bottom teeth, and you decide. Anyway, he's doing great so far, and we have only had to go back to the orthodontist twice since Wendesday. Three times in one week isn't so bad, right?

3 comments:

Camille said...

And so the orthdontic nightmare begins. I don't know if I should feel sorry for Drex, Amy or the orthodontist for having to go 3 times in one week.

Camille said...

AND I think Amy made it up--bracket jackets would have been WAY cool! Come on Amy, I thought I was the mean mom.

laurakrummenacher said...

I had bracket jackets when I was 10. They spelled out Laura Krummenacher which is wierd looking back because that wasn't my name.