Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Matt's Trip to New York City



A few months ago, a good friend of mine, Daniel Palmer, asked if I wanted to go on a free trip with him and some of his work associates and clients to NYC. Hmmm, let's see. Free trip. NYC. Oh, and also, we were going to a Yankees game. And since Yankee Stadium is getting torn down after this season, it didn't take a whole lot of arm twisting. In fact, none at all. Not even a little. And Amy was 100% on board with the idea since she went to NYC last year with her sister. So now, Amy and I have both been to NYC, but not together.




And just for the record, NYC is a crazy place and I loved it, having never been there before. And since I'm in tip-top shape, even marathon runner shape, the extreme walking, 98-degree temps with like 80% humidity didn't even phase me. Hardly broke a sweat at all. Others in the group didn't fare as well.

Some highlights included visiting Ground Zero, harbor cruise to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, eating at Carnegie Deli, buying a beverage from Rupert at Hello Deli (of David Letterman's The Late Show fame), Times Square in general, watching a Yankees game and seeing the new Yankee Stadium getting built right across the street from the old one, being crammed into the subway like sardines, eating at Angelo's on Mulberry Street in Little Italy, and watching The Dark Knight in Times Square (and getting out at 2AM and seeing that Times Square was still packed with people).





7 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you had fun! We LOVE NYC. So many fun things to do. At least you guys stayed downtown--not like Justin & I, who stayed in Queens and had to walk a mile to our hotel from the last place the bus would stop every night at midnight.

Mary said...

Great post, Matt. I would tell you all about our trip to NYC here and compare yours to mine and make it all about me but that would be wrong because it's your blog and I'm just commenting on what you wrote.

Matt Ras said...

Well, you're definetely in the minority then, Mary. Keep your own thoughts on your own trips to youself on your own blog. Do NOT liken my blog unto yourself.

Thanks in advance and for the past.

Matt

Camille said...

Oh, I LOVE New York! I'm so glad you had such a great time.

The Payne family said...

Awesome Matt. That is so cool that you got to do that and you certainly made me remember the good times spent there and how much I want to go back. Dang you lame Arizona!

grapeape said...

ooooh, i am so jealous!!! i've been wanting to go to NYC for years & years. and a free trip?? how sweet a deal is that?! i'm kinda hopin' that i can get there with a friend of mine before the year is out...

Maren said...

seriously, NYC is the best place ever!! i love that pace and way of life....now if i could just afford $5,000/month rent. maybe next year. glad you had a super fun time and did so many things. way jealous. cant wait to go back!