Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why Ames is AWESOME!!!!!

So, I normally am up and out the door for work before Amy and the kids even get up. No, they're not lazy, I just have to get up earlier to deal with my 30-40 minute carpool commute. So, my breakfast situation is usually not the best. I don't like to get up extra early to make my own breakfast because in my mind eating that early before the sun comes up (or is barely coming up) isn't ideal for me. Ya, I'm probably making excuses. So, I usually skip breakfast or something gets picked up on the way. Both of which are not good or healthy options.


But this morning, something beautiful happened. After i showered and dressed for the day, I stepped into the bedroom to kiss Amy good-bye as she sleeps, but she is nowhere to be found. She must be feeding the baby. I walk down the hall and Atlie's door is shut. No Amy there. And then it hits me...this beautiful scent of cooking food downstairs. Not just any food, but French Toast.


Now we have some great friends, the Krummenachers, who own 2 Krazy Sub sandwich shops here in town. We highly recommend them (both the Krummenachers and Krazy Sub.) One is on Power and Main St, and a new shop across from MCC on Southern and Dobson. Great sandwiches. The Torpedo is my favorite, partly because of the taste and mostly because of the name. Anyways, they sometimes bring us some bags of their day-old bread, that is still great for family use, but not up to the standards of the shop. And no, no one is allowed to start asking for the bread. They are doing a great job bringing it to our house.


Anyways, with all of that as background, Amy this morning had made the most beautiful French Toast with thick cut Krazy Sub bread, drizzled with butter and syrup, and with a tall glass of cold orange juice. The day could not have started out better. I even left a little syrup right on the side of my lip to remind me of the morning that was. And it was lights out! Love you, Ames! Can't wait til tomorrow morning. Hee Hee.

13 comments:

The Payne family said...

Ames is awesome! I'll second that withouth hesitation!

Matt Ras said...

I always second things withouth hesitation. I mean, it you're not withouth hesitation, what are you withouth? I couldn't agree more, Jens.

Mary said...

We had the same thing for breakfast--we call it Krazy Toast. My kid's favortie! And, I agree and I've said it before, Amy is awesome.

Mary said...

We had the same thing for breakfast--we call it Krazy Toast. My kid's favortie! And, I agree and I've said it before, Amy is awesome.

Mary said...

My computer went crazy and printed it twice--couldn't have been me.

Matt Ras said...

That's so weird that your computer did that.

Matt Ras said...

That's so weird that your computer did that.

Amy Ras said...

Well it had to be good, considering it only happens once every eleven and a half years! It made my day to know that I made your day. Hooray for Krazy Toast! So here are two things the blog world know about me now: I never cook breakfast for my husband and I cry on floral couches. I better step it up and represent a little better!

Angie said...

Ha! Krazy toast sounds awesome. Didn't they open up another shop on Signal Butte/Baseline?

I concur that Ames is awesome. And patient. And kind.

I don't make breakfast for Justin anymore either.

grapeape said...

you lucky dawg, you!! that does sound DEE-licious! lucky for me, Peter's not really a breakfast eater (though he should be)... what a great example you are though, Amy! :) i gotta do somethin' out of the ordinary like that......

laurakrummenacher said...

You couldnt have picked a better wife Matt. Amy is who we all aspire to be like. And hey thanks for the commercial! You've now got Krazy Sub bread for life. Just what you always wanted!

Maren said...

nice job ames! you are making us all look bad though! : )

Melanie said...

Hey Matt! I found your blog through Ang's. It's me, your favorite childhood next-door neighbor! You have a cute family! And thanks, because you now have me craving Krazy Subs!