Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who needs pictures?

So would I totally be embarssing myself if I admitted that the reason I haven't posted anything on here is because I don't know how to download pictures off our new camera? I'm sure I could figure it out if I really tried, but who's got the time? So crazy rain day, huh? I thought it was fabulous. Matt also loves it, but it reminds him of Provo and he now wants to move to Utah again. He said I can come if I want.

Me and the girls spent a good part of the afternoon outside emjoying the weather, and Abbie and her friend found a little snail. They played with that thing for a good hour, finally concluding that it was hungry and needed a concoction composed of ketchup, mustard and fake berries picked from my door wreath. Yummy. It's still out on our front porch if anybody needs a midnight snack.

So, last day of school - Hooray!?!? The kid's reactions were varied: Drex - comes home, throws his backpack in the middle of the floor and asks, "Can I play computer?" Braden - comes home, throws his backpack in the middle of the floor and asks, "Can I play Play Station?" Sadie - comes home bawling, tears flowing down her sweet cheeks, throws her backpack in the middle of the floor and proceeds to tell me about how her teacher was crying, she was crying, all her friends were crying, quite an emotional time for a kindergartner. There's little boys for you, there's little girls for you.

Atlie also had quite a day, rolling over a good three times by herself. That and just being too cute for words pretty much exhausted her by bedtime.

And the news on Jo? Well, she only escaped naked outside twice today . . .





9 comments:

Angie said...

Ha ha ha! I'm honored to have chased Jo's little escaped naked bum across your yard one of those times today.

Love the update, by the way. Your posts are so fun to read. I love the end-of-the-year reactions from your school-goers.

Pictures are SUPER easy to upload. Make Matt show you.

Camille said...

Hey, Tanner and Trevor both were "super sad" because they loved their teachers and are sad for the year to end. Trevor even needed a hug and was in tears. It's funny how everyone is so different. Hey . . . they sound a lot like your girls!? Hmmmm. lol

Love to hear about your cute fam.

Mary said...

It's about time you updated (cute, cute stories by the way--my kids do the same backpack thimg...grr). It's not like you're busy raising 6 little kids, going to baseball, doing church stuff and raising Matt or anything.

Matt Ras said...

Ames, I wasn't kidding at all. You are totally invited to come to Utah with me. And the kids even too! :)

peter said...

Oh Yeah! Move to Utah! You can visit here on your way, since we barely live in Utah. (Santaquin is the edge of civilzation.

Also Nathan and I have a couple of extra football season tickets we could share.

:D

PS. Sorry Amy for encouraging this, but I thought I'd cast my vote anyway...

grapeape said...

Yay for recent pics of your darling children!!! Matt, you're gonna be busy keepin' the boys away from your beautiful girls! Wonder how the boys will react on their last day this coming week; probably like your boys... Oh, and I'm with Peter; I vote for y'all to move here. :)...

laurakrummenacher said...

Shut up all you Utah people! Oops, I don't normally say those words! See what you are doing to me with all this Utah talk? What would our ward do without the Rasmussens? Better yet, what would the Matt fan club do without their leader???

The Payne family said...

Ames! You can blog! I knew you had it in you!

Jana said...

Even without actual photos, you've given such a great snapshot of your family! Thanks for sharing!